20 year old dies from jelly sting

Description and Comments

KOH SAMUI: -- A 20-year-old German tourist died and her friend was injured after she was stung by box jellyfish while swimming at night at Lamai beach in Samui Island last night.

Bophud station police investigator Pol Maj Udomsak Thappa said the police were alerted of the death of Ms Thies Saskia by Bangkok Samui hospital around midnight.

She suffered wounds on both legs, stomach, back and arms, the officer said.

Type of organism

Box Jelly

Other

German tourist dies from sting

Quantity

1

Latitude

10.09

Longitude

99.83
Off

Location